ITLS is proud to present the 9th Edition ITLS Rapid Renewal Provider Update, a blended-learning program. This course combines an online component with the Patient Assessment Evaluation in a live setting (conducted virtually via videoconference during the COVID-19 pandemic) to allow you to quickly, easily and effectively renew your ITLS Provider certification.
1. You must hold a current, valid ITLS Basic or Advanced Provider certification to be eligible to renew through the ITLS Rapid Renewal Provider Update program. If your Provider certification is expired, please contact your local Chapter or Training Centre to inquire about eligibility.
2. Purchase and complete the Rapid Renewal Provider Update, a 1-hour online course. A 15- question quiz is built into the end of the course module; a score of 80% or higher is required for successful completion. You may retake the quiz as many times as necessary to achieve the passing score.
3. Print your Course Completion Certificate after successful completion of the Rapid Renewal Provider Update Quiz and Course Evaluation. This certificate is required to schedule a Patient Assessment Evaluation appointment.
4. Contact your local Chapter or Training Centre, or an approved course coordinator, to set up a Virtual Patient Assessment Evaluation appointment.
5. The Virtual Patient Assessment Evaluation is conducted live via videoconference (Zoom, WebEx, Google Hangouts, FaceTime, Skype, or other) by your local Chapter or Training Centre, or by one of their designated course coordinators. At this appointment, you will demonstrate your competency of the Patient Assessment Practical Exam. Please review the ITLS Remote Learning Guidelines for how to prepare for this session.
6. Upon successful performance of your Patient Assessment Practical Exam, your ITLS Basic or Advanced Provider Recertification card and certificate will be sent to you by your local Chapter or Training Centre. Your card may be sent by email or hard copy at the discretion of the Chapter/Training Centre. You will also be awarded 1 hour of CAPCE continuing education credit. The credit statement appears at the bottom of the ITLS certificate you receive with your card.
You may use the Rapid Renewal Provider Update program to renew your ITLS Provider certification up to 1 year before the expiration of your current certification.
Note: After pandemic restrictions are lifted, the Rapid Renewal option will revert back to previous procedures where a Testing Component appointment is required to complete both the Written Exam and Patient Assessment Practical Exam in person before achieving Provider Recertification.