ITLS Committee Cycle 2018-2019 Application Now Open
Are you interested in getting more involved with ITLS? Apply to serve on a committee!
Committee applications are due August 15, 2018. You will receive notification of committee appointments in mid-September.
You will be asked to rank your top 3 committee choices. Placement is at the discretion of the ITLS Board of Directors and Committee Chairs and Co-Chairs.
Not sure what to apply for? View current Committee Listing & Mandates
(Mandates subject to change for 2018-19 cycle).
ITLS 2018-2019 Committee Rules
- All individuals wishing to serve on a committee for 2018-19 must complete this application, including current members. If you are a current member and do not reapply, you will be removed from the committee.
- Committee appointments for 2018-2019 will begin at the 2018 International Trauma Conference and conclude directly before the 2019 International Trauma Conference in November 2019.
- Committee applications are due August 15, 2018. You will receive notification of committee appointments by mid-September.
- Organizational meetings for the Committees will be held at the International Trauma Conference, though attendance at the conference is not required to participate on a committee.
- No individual may serve on more than two ITLS committees.
- Membership for each committee will be comprised of no more than 12 members (excluding the Chair and Co-Chair.)
- Committee member terms will be staggered for the 2018-19 cycle. One half of the members will be appointed to one-year terms; one half of the members will be appointed to two-year terms. The length of term will be determined by the committee’s Chair and Co-Chair.
- After the 2018-19 cycle, member terms will be 2 years with the possibility of 2 renewal terms (for a maximum of 3 terms or 6 years). Renewal will be based on the member’s performance, attendance, and anticipated skill set needed for the committee.
- Removal of a committee member prior to the conclusion of their term will be based on a failure to participate (such as meeting most meetings annually or more than 2 consecutive meetings), missing repeated deadline of required tasks, or actions that are deemed detrimental to the organization.
- Removal of a member will be based on the recommendation of the Committee Chair or Co-Chair to the Board Chair of designee.